Pumpernickel's is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with Pumpernickel's. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
Who is Pumpernickel's?
Many Pumpernickel's are owned and operated by independent franchises who are responsible for adopting their own privacy policies which meet the intent of this policy.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- Public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed;
- Professional and business directories available to the public
- Certain public registries and court records;
- Certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Pumpernickel's may automatically collect non-identifiable information such as, but not limited to, the Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name from which you are linked to this web site.
Your Internet browser should allow you to erase cookies from your hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
1. We are accountable to you
Pumpernickel's is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have employees who are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
2. We let you know why we collect your personal information
Pumpernickel's identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time information is actually being collected.
3. We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information
Pumpernickel's obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- Pumpernickel's will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information such as personal financial information.
- Pumpernickel's will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
- A customer relationship already exists;
- Express consent has previously been given;
- The purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting Pumpernickel's. To change your preferences, refer to "How to Contact Us" below.
4. We limit collection of your personal information
Pumpernickel's collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. Pumpernickel's will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of reasons we collect personal information include:
- Communicating with you generally
- Processing your catering orders
- Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
- Protecting against fraud or error
- Providing product and services requested by you
- Recommending products and services that Pumpernickel's believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements
5. We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
Pumpernickel's uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. Pumpernickel's does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations except to offer you a product or service. If your personal information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with Pumpernickel's to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Pumpernickel's retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
6. We keep your personal information up to date and accurate
Pumpernickel's keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for it's intended use.
You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g., credit bureaus). To access your personal information, refer to "How to Contact Us" below.
7. The security of your personal information is a priority for Pumpernickel's
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- Physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets;
- Electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers;
- Organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals;
- Contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
8. We are open about our privacy and security policy
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our website, www.pumpernickels.ca under Privacy or on request. To contact us, refer to "How to Contact Us" below.
9. We provide access to your personal information stored by Pumpernickel's
You can request access to your personal information stored by Pumpernickel's. To contact us, refer to "How to Contact Us" below. Upon receiving such a request, Pumpernickel's will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed;
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information;
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
10. We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
Pumpernickel's responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
How to Contact Us
- By telephone at 905 669 9176 or By e-mail to [email protected]
- By mail to Pumpernickel's Franchise Corporation, 4-30 Pennsylvania Ave Concord, ON L4K 4A5 If your questions, concerns and complaints have not been resolved to your satisfaction or if you have further questions, you can contact the owner by mail at Pumpernickel's Franchise Corporation, 4-30 Pennsylvania Ave Concord,ON L4K 4A5