Delicious Sandwich Catering Options for Non-Meat Eaters
Today’s Toronto population is increasingly leaning towards alternate diets and different ways of eating. From organic and local food purveyors to gluten- or preservative-free enthusiasts, people are taking their health and nutrition into their own hands. About four percent, or one million, of Canadians are vegetarian and even more try to abstain from eating meat more than a few times a week. Avoiding red meat has many proven health benefits such as lower risk of heart disease and obesity. Vegetarianism may even decrease the risk of some cancers and lower blood pressure. Whether you go meatless for health reasons or ethical considerations, you may often lament the limited vegetarian choices in restaurants or offered by event catering services. If you’re sick of business catering that leaves you eating a bag of potato chips and lettuce with a sprinkle of cheese while others devour wraps and sandwiches, book Pumpernickel’s sandwich catering for your next office lunch or midday event.
What are Pumpernickel’s Vegetarian Sandwich Catering Options?
- Grilled Vegetables - Our simple, but delectable Very Veggie sandwich features fresh grilled vegetables, a protein-rich hummus spread, and crumbled goat or feta cheese served on multigrain sliced bread. A healthy and nutritious option for vegetable lovers that even non-vegetarians will enjoy.
- Tasty Tuscan - A meat-free classic, this savoury baguette sandwich with juicy Beefsteak tomatoes, fresh slabs of mozzarella, and pesto spread is drizzled with Kalamata tapenade and grilled to perfection.
- Portobello Mushroom - Our scrumptious Portobello mushroom sandwich starts with a grilled Panini bun and is topped with balsamic marinated Portobello mushroom, grilled red pepper, goat cheese, arugula, and sundried tomato mayonnaise. Portobello mushrooms are well known in the vegetarian community for their nutritional value, substantial size, and dense texture, making them an ideal meat substitute.
- Picky Wrap Platter - A lunch buffet to satisfy vegetarians and carnivores alike, our wrap platter automatically includes tempting vegetarian options like egg salad and falafel with fresh roughage and vegetables on either white or whole-wheat pita bread. Pescetarians and health-conscious diners will love our newest addition: spicy mango tuna.
- Make-Your-Own Sandwich - This option is great for pescetarians or occasional meat-eaters. Choose from an assortment of white and wheat breads and start piling up with our delectable fillings. Customize your sandwich to make it the way that you want with a dairy platter of egg, tuna, salmon, and smoked salmon along with traditional deli fixings such as tomato, cucumber, capers, sliced pickles, cheese, cream cheese, and olives.
- Healthy Sides - Sandwich combos come with a selection of two salads and either a veggie and dip platter or a fruit tray for a well-rounded lunch. Unlike the sad, barren salads you’ve come to expect from sandwich catering companies, our salad options are filled with tasty and nutritious ingredients. We offer protein-rich Mediterranean-inspired dishes like tabouli salad, Moroccan couscous, and barley, kernel wheat, and grain harvest. Our bean and vegetable salad, classic pasta and potato salads, and Greek-style options are satisfying and refreshing. With over ten salads to choose from, you’ll find the perfect accompaniment to your meatless sandwich or wrap.
Pumpernickel’s European and Mediterranean-style sandwich catering considers providing a variety of tasty and nutrient-rich vegetarian options as much more than an afterthought. Our extensive meat-free event catering menu offerings are carefully crafted with the different needs of a plant-based diet in mind. From our entrees, breakfasts, snacks, and hors d’oeuvres to our many lunch options, we pride ourselves on providing a variety of vegetarian choices for any time of the day or type of event.
Contact us today for sandwich catering in Toronto
Since 1986 Pumpernickel's is a leader in corporate catering. It has been one the premier deli and caterers in Toronto, with thousands of satisfied customers in the GTA. Many of our kitchen locations are located within Toronto's financial core to provide timely services for catering in downtown Toronto. We use only the freshest ingredients, and promise excellent customer service and value for all of your catering services. As soon as you become our regular customer we will not let you down. We are one of the leading corporate catering companies in Toronto, which also offers breakfast catering and sandwich catering. Visit us on Google+.